Ovarian Cysts Community
Low grade fever with cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Low grade fever with cyst?

Has anyone else experienced a low grade fever (99-100) with an ovarian cyst. This all started last Sunday when I went to the ER and realized that my cyst had grown from 3cm-a little over 6cm in 3 weeks. The fever has been present since. Is this the bodys way of dealing with imflamation or this larger cyst? I feel really yucky and just plain ill. Surgery on the 7th to remove this but I am really on edge wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thank you,

Jenny
I have heard of some women having this.  Do keep us posted when you're back from your surgery.  Are you having a laparascope or laparotomy?
Hi Trudie,

I am having laprascopic surgery for Endo and to drain cyst or remove ovary. I vote for the removal!! I have been suffering for years with cysts but never got a fever, now with this one my body is reacting different. It's not high, just enough for me to feel achy and crappy. Maybe it's the location? The doc says that it has moved around behind my uterus from the left side...strange. Thank you for the response.

Jenny
i've had the endo surgery. i suffered with it for oh 8 years and i'm only 28. i still have cysts they tend to never go away. the endo is still giveing me trouble. i take chemo for it once a month now they moved it up to every three weeks. i didn't know at the beginning that lupron was a chemo shot to help treat it. ever since the lupron just causes me even more trouble. from sweats and mood swings and wieght gain. it messed up my harmones. well i'm seriously talking to my doctor about haveing a full hysterectomy. do to the suffereing over the years. the sad thing is they dont want to touch a young woman. this is caused so much turmoil. i can sympathize truely with other women who suffer. men dont understand . my fiancee can't understand it at all. i hope that some day they figure this thing out. what causes the endo . i hear so many say it could be linked to cancer. i still wander if that is true or not. it didn't show up until i had the tumor in my uterus . ever since i've had more problems with my female parts then one should have to take on. just shoot me already. i mean come on. this crap *****. the high minority of women suffer. still they have not found one thing that realy works. other then pain killers and shots with so many terrible side effects.

gabrielle.