Low platelets...irregular periods
I have been going to the doctors for the past few weeks, and I every time I have a blood test my platelets are low (112,000, 99,000, 97,000). I went to the hematologist, and when he took my blood the platelets were fine..however when I went back to the doctors a few weeks ago my platelets were low again (97,000).

The strange this is my periods are very irregular, I've had them for almost 4 years now and they havent settled down. This time is the longest I have been without a period (3 months). I went to the gynecologist, and all she gave me was birth control, she didnt give me any tests, besides a blood test which was fine.

Could this possibly mean I have ovarian cysts? I have no pain..but I'm not sure if these are related at all, but if they are could that possibly be what it is? I'm 18 years old. I hate fruit but love veggies, and I've started exercising 3 times a week. I am slim, not overweight if that helps at all.

Thanks for any help.
I have low Platlets too (Mine dropped to 43,000 & 42,000 I was give a blood tranfusion of the platelets) and it seems like your case is very mild, but all the same when you go back to the hematoligist ask for a bone marrow test (mind you this hurts) because platelets are produced by the bone marrow in the body. Another cause of low blood platelet is the enlargement of the spleen. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is one of the conditions of low blood platelets, in which an abnormal amount of antibodies are produced by the immune system. These antibodies destroy the body's platelets. The reason for the production of these antibodies is yet unknown. Heparin can also cause low platelet count. Heparin is a drug that is prescribed in the treatment of conditions like thrombosis. •In diseases like lupus and HIV, the body can destroy or use up too many platelets, resulting in low blood platelet count. But •Besides these causes, the other causes which might be the reason for low blood platelet count are; chemotherapy, chronic liver diseases, chronic lymphocytic leukemia and alcoholism. I hope this all helps, I aint no doctor but am familiar with having a low platelet count.