Ovarian Cysts Community
Need hlp postmenopausal complex ovarian cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need hlp postmenopausal complex ovarian cyst

I am 72 years of age and just diagnosed with a 7.1 x 6.3 x 5.8 cm ovarian complex cyst may be serous cyst or municous cyst.  I am scheduled to meet with a gynocologist/oncologist to schedule surgery.  What kind of surgery will this be?  Also, how long would I be in the hospital?  Also, it said when I meet with the gynocologist/oncologist I should have a list of questions.  I don't know what questions to ask.  I need help and I am a complete wreck.  At my age I can't believe this.  Also, I have no idea how long I have had this because the last time I saw a gynocologist was 40 years ago.  I know that is bad and I am ashamed to say that I never went to the doctor.  Could someone let me know what questions I should ask.
Blank
HI,
Considering your age the first thing that needs to be ruled out is cancer. The most likely surgery you will have is removal of the uterus along with the ovaries. The surgery can be more extensive if it is cancer. Probable hospital stay will be a week. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
Considering your age the first thing that needs to be ruled out is cancer. The most likely surgery you will have is removal of the uterus along with the ovaries. The surgery can be more extensive if it is cancer. Probable hospital stay will be a week. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Thank you for that answer.  I just got a call this morning that my ROMA boood test came back negative.  Why do I still have to see a gynocologist/oncologist.  Why can't the gynocologist just take the cyst out?  Does the negative mean that 100% I do not have cancer?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank