Ovarian Cysts Community
OV Cyst size of Orange; wait and see??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

OV Cyst size of Orange; wait and see??

In the followup visitj today with my GYN regarding ultrasound results due to pain on left ovary he reports that it looks like a cyst the size of an orange.  Options were to wait a few months and check again, get a second opinion, do a laparoscopy tissue sample to see if it is cancer or refer me out to a GYN/ONC.  My obvious answer is to see a GYN/ONC to set that up.  I am 69 years old and want that thing out of me; cancer or not!!!  Sometimes I think doctors think we don't know anything!!!
Avatar n tn
Had both ovaries removed about a year and a half ago and I'm --not-- taking hormones replacement, but I have gained weight about 12 pounds has anyone experienced this also.I'm 62 years old and way done with monopause.Can anyone give any thoughts. Linda
A lap tissue sample might be a waste of time.  How do you know they would remove and test the correct area of the cyst?  The only correct procedure is complete removal.  You correctly answered your own question when you said to get this removed by a gyn/onc.  They are especially good with us older (postmenopausal) ladies, too.

My weight has maintained following ovary removal a year ago.  In fact, I weigh a little bit less than before surgery.