Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cyst and Cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cyst and Cramping

I feel stupid asking this but can ovarian cysts cause severe lower back pain and abdominal cramping even after a partial hysterectomy?   A CT scan (to look at liver b/c of pain under right side rib cage and elevated liver enzymes) showed bilateral cysts on both ovaries.  I am scheduled to see my Gyn and have a US on Nov. 3rd.  The pain is getting worse and I didn't know if I should try to see the Gyn sooner or if this might be something different going on.  Any info would be appreciated.  
Ovarian cysts can definitely cause that kind of pain.  Take a look at the health pages (top right) for more info on types of cysts and their symptoms.  If you have an increase in pain you should head to the ER as it could be as a result of torsion (twisting) or bursting which can be a medical emergency.  Come on back with any questions you might have after you review the information.
Absolutely... Even small ones can cause pain , I think Trudie is right.. you need to be watchful..Don't forget to mention these pains to your Dr. even if they have gone away..
Good luck and let us know.. Your appt is soon , so that's good.

Take care,
Sandy
Thanks for the information!  I called my Dr. on Monday and they went ahead and saw me that day.  They did a transvaginal sono and saw several cysts on my left ovary and a couple of very small cysts on my right.  They also saw fluid around my right ovary.  Apparently, I had a 5cm cyst that burst.  That would explain all of the horrible cramping.  They also did a urine culture and found that I have a UTI which is not helping with the cramping.  It's now Thursday and I am still having bad lower back & pelvic pain and cramping.  How long does it usually take for the pain to lessen and/or go away?  I just feel plain lousy!!  I know everyone (work, family, etc) is tired of me not feeling well, hurting and  not being up to doing much.  It's no picnic for me either but I almost feel worse about everyone else!!

Thanks again!!
Sonya