Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cyst and Endometrial polyp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cyst and Endometrial polyp

I have been diagnosed via ultrasound, that I have an ovarian cyst and an endometrial polyp that is pedunculated. I was refered to have a CA-125 and awaiting insurance approval for an MRI. I am pretty sure I will need some type of surgery. Im 47 with 2 teenagers and no plans for more children so the surgery does not bother me. What is bothering me is waiting for the results of the CA-125 and why would I be refered for an MRI? The only symptoms I have are low back pain which is worse when I sleep and occasional spotting between periods. My cramps during my period are excrutiating but I always got bad cramps. Any reason for concern of ovarian cancer. Why would I need an MRI and a CA-125?
I had mine done in reverse just by accident. I went for an MRI for hip pain and a large cyst showed up on my Right ovary. My pcp sat on it for six months and now my gyn sent me for an ultrasound. Should have results tomorrow. I snuck a peak and it's still big. The MRI showed so much for than the ultrasound. I'm glad I have it. When do u think u will have yours?
I will be calling the dr. Today because I am too anxious to wait for them to call me. They see these things all the time so it is probably routine to them which is somewhat comforting. To me it feels like my whole life is hanging in the balance.
Just an update. The ca-125 came back as a 41. I'm getting an abdominal MRI and a pelvic .when all the results are in I am being sent to a gyn/oncologist. I'm not too worried because the ca-125 isn not that elevated and can be because of the benign things going on but from what I can understand there is no true diagnosis for cancer unless the tissue is biopsied. I believe either way the ovary is coming out. I think both are and if it's cancerous the uterus is coming out too. Which is ok because I'm 47 with 2 grown kids. I pray for good things for all you young ladies dealing with this stuff. I will keep you posted.