Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cyst with IUD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cyst with IUD

I've had a cyst on my left ovary since I was 16.  I was on BCpills to slow down the process, and I'm now a mother of 4 @ 25 years old.  My doctor told me I was too young for a TL, and told me to get the Mirena IUD.  

I'll start off with a couple years ago~
After having my twins, the pain was terrible a year after having them.  I seen my doctor and he wanted me to get an U/S to see what was causing the pain.  The tech. was doing the U/S, but just looking in my uterus.  I told her it was on the left side of my uterus (ovary) and she said she could only do what the doctor told her to do.  I was upset.  

When the pain continued for the next 2-3 years, I would fall on the floor to my knees, and curling up into a ball.  I had my DD in Feb. 2009 and got the IUD placed April 14th, 2009.  Since my IUD placement, this pain has gotten SO bad.  It's my lower abdomin (abdomen) area, ovary, left hip and lower back.  I feel like I'm 60 years old at times because I can't walk or stand up straight.  

Do you think that with the IUD still in, its putting pressure on the cyst causing the pain to get worse again?  

I'm making an appointment soon with a different doctor since mine doesn't seem to listen to me.  

Any advise, or symptoms you'd like to share about your cyst experience so I don't feel alone or dumb~

Thank you-
Brandi
I don't know the size or shape of the cyst because I never got a U/S of it, but the doctor can feel it when I get a pelvic exam.  
Anyone??

I was doing research last night after posting this and it said that if you get pain, you have to seek medical attention.  Cyst normally don't cause pain unless it ruptured, twisting the ovary or growing and putting pressure on organs.  

Also, I read how it causes dizziness while having intercourse.  I feel like I almost passout for  no reason when we have intercourse for the past 6-7 years.  No explanation why.  When to the ER once when I was 17 or 18 because after having intercourse, I was bleeding and couldn't stand up straight.  Once I arrived there, they just did a blood test on me.  Nothing else.  My hospital *****.  

But if anyone has symptoms of what they feel please tell me.  

My two Aunts had hysterectomies due to ovarian cysts, and My Grandmother and Mother had hysterectomies due to fibroids.  My Mom was experiencing the same pain 2 years ago, when I got my U/S and needed to get her uterus removed due to a 15 week fetus like fibroid.  

So it runs in the family obviously.  I tries to contact my Aunt because NOBODY is writing anything to me on here.  I'm seriously worried and need help!  

Thanks for nothing I guess
The first correct thing, which you have already done, is make an appointment with another doctor.  Your prior doctor has done you a serious disservice by not properly investigating the alleged ovarian cyst.  Simply feeling it is not enough.  He had you in ultrasound and only had the uterus checked?  Come on!  This is not rocket science.  He should have had the entire reproductive system checked during that ultrasound.  What a dunce!

Cysts can cause pain, even of the non-emergency variety.  Things can go wrong with IUD placement, too.  They can puncture the uterine wall, dislodge and relocate to another area and cause damage or infection.  Some IUD's can worsen a cyst problem.  

If your situation has worsened since getting the IUD then I'd say get rid of it.  And learn more about what type of cyst(s) you have and what can be done about it.  It could have reached a point that surgical removal is required.

I'm sorry that you waited for an answer....I last checked the boards prior to bedtime and it is now 6:35 a.m. my time.