Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cyst

Hi... I am a 30 year old female! So for the last year or so I have had an irregular period. The last time I had a regular period I was on the patch and my period came like clockwork. I have always had a normal flow and manageable cramps. My new insurance doesnt cover the patch so I chose to be without for about 6 months. Then I decided to spare myself of the worry and years ago I was on depo and it was a dream so I decided to give it another go. That was in Jan. This time around the side effects were awful. Bleeding constantly. Cramps, And lets not even go into how emotional it made me. So I decided not to proceed with another shot but give the ring a chance. I did the ring and same results. Me and my boyfriend decided to go non-hormal and I had paraguard put in. That was in may. Although not having the hormones has helped my emotional state my periods are still constant. Even bleeding for longer than 2-3 months at a time.  My cramps are even worse and breast tenderness has become a huge burden throughout all of my experimentation of BC. Last friday I had a vaginal ultrasound done with a nurse to be sure my IUD was in correctly. Reason being I have been experiencing horrible take your breath away dizzying almost getting sick kinds of cramps. I wanted to be sure it was in correctly. During the process they discovered a cyst 7cm big. WOW! I was shocked. The actual midwife I was seeing had alot of patients that day and was extremely busy and I was rushed out of her office still in shock and couldnt even think of any questions to ask. Although I am seeing an actual doctor tomorrow I am very fearful and scared. Have been all weekend. Looking for some comfort in the meantime I suppose. Should I be worried?