Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cyst

Hi, i went to the er due to a lot of pain on my right side. i was told i have two ovarian cyst one on each side. I was told one ruptured and they found fluids. How long will the pain last. My cyst are only 1. something centimeters.
They found cysts on my ovaries back in November, mine had done the same and ruptured. The pain only lasted about a week. My period afterwards though was disgusting.
I have cysts and masses, etc.... but lately (the last 2-3 days) my pain has been different, still basically in the same area but weird. How do you know if a cysts ruptures or not. Isn't it dangerous if a cyst bursts in side you?? Plus I feel real sick to my stomach and I just don't feel well.
How long did you have noticable pain before going to the ER and before the cysts ruptured?
My pain has been going on since June......
I dealt with an ovarian cyst for a year. Painful as heck, been to er 6 times pain was so extreme, only once did they think it was going to rupture, If you are close to this as I was you will know, i could barely walk, they put me on a dilaudid drip and they usaually reserve that for cancer patients. I had both my ovsries out 13 days ago and it was discovered that my left ovary ( the one that gave me all the pain) was " engulfed" in scar tissue and attached to my intestine.I guess my point is if your cyst is ready to rupture you will know it and yes it can be serious if you get internal bleeding , or if ovary ruptures also, in my case just the cyst ruptured, and then grew back.   Glad to be done w that, no more pain, Good luck to all. Cherie
Had masssive cyst removed last week.  I am having excrutiating pain under the drain sites located either side of the pubis - its like my guts are being strangled. Only happens getting out of bed or when I try to sit up or move my legs outwards.  I'm told this is 'normal' ?? Has anyone else experienced it, and how long does it last.