Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cysts DO Cause Hair Loss!! I Knew It!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cysts DO Cause Hair Loss!! I Knew It!!

Taken from an article I found on MSNBC.com from September 2008.  I've been searching the Internet for a long time on this topic, but found this article by accident this morning.

QUOTE:
“In the past when women came in with thinning hair, it was attributed to emotional stress or anemia,” he says. “It wasn’t really understood that women experienced hair loss in a fashion that is similar to the hair loss we see in men.”

But androgenetic alopecia, or AGA, is just one piece of the puzzle. Polycystic ovaries can cause hair loss on the scalp. (They also can cause facial and body-hair growth.) Hair loss also can be triggered by diseases such as lupus. Women sometimes lose hair following substantial and rapid weight loss or a high fever, or after going through major surgery or extreme stress. "

I KNEW IT!  Neither my gyn nor my onc/gyn were aware of this.  Nor my internist who ran thyroid and blood tests trying to find a cause for the hair I've been losing for the past year.

But now that my cyst and ovaries are gone, my hair is growing BACK!

So ladies, if you need further motivation to remove cysts, this is it.  It's a strong motivator, indeed.