Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cysts/Uterine Prolapse?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cysts/Uterine Prolapse?

So, I'm new here, and I don't really post on forums, so I apologize in advance if I'm not doing this right...
So, I was drawn to this site when it came up when I searched for a situation close to mine (largish cysts And apparent uterine prolapse), but results weren't left by the poster, so I have no idea how it turned out! I'm pretty nervous, though oddly excited as well.I've been in pain for a long time, and in tracking the original cyst, we've discovered more popping up. I'm going in tomorrow for an US and x-ray (why an x-ray?), but I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Has anyone been in this situation? Thanks <3
Edit: I suppose I should've given more backround, I was just anxious about posting. I just turned 30, have 2 amazing kids (9 and 5).

About 6 months ago, my cyst (5.5cm, simple) was discovered on my right ovary. Had Mirena removed (damnit!),put on nuvaring, was told to check in in 3 months.

About 5ish months ago, I started bleeding. And bleeding. And bleeding...

About 3 months ago, went back to get another ultrasound. Right cyst was about the same (5.1cm this time), though I had developed a few cysts on my Left ovary in the interim. Asked about the bleeding, was told it was a bit long, but not unheard of with mirena removal.

Last week, I was able to get in to see my ob/gyn, after a bit of trouble. Mentioned the bleeding (still!), pain, and an 'odd' feeling inside of my vagina, like things had shifted/moved down. Also felt like there was...something in the entrance. As soon as the exam started, he remarked on the size of left ovarian cysts, and said he could feel my uterus. Ordered an US and x-ray.

I'm not too worried about cancer (though it runs strong in my family), more about what this means, if they're related, and what we can do about it.

Whew...sorry that was so long! I just can't really find anything else like it, and you guys seemed so nice/supportive...thanks for listening if you've made it this far! Makes me feel a little less alone...

just wanted to know how it turned out.I have a similar problem and was told its uterine prolapse and Ive had cysts since I was 12 years old. I had surgery on my right ovary and had a cyst in similar size removed.I had unusual bleeding with it as well.My dr said since Im in my postpartum period that no surgery will be required.kegles was his answer and now im having unusual ovary pain. Just woundering.