Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cysts that will not go away

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cysts that will not go away

I am 31 and have had a complex ovarian cyst on my right ovary now since May.  In April I had an ectopic pregnancy and then in the end of May I began having pain so my OB did an ultrasound to make sure I did not have another ectopic.  Anyways, it was a cyst.  It started out at almost 4 cm but has decreased in size after being on birth control.  6 weeks ago the ultrasound showed that it was down to .4 cm but I had a new cyst on my left ovary that was mostly simple with a single septation.  I went back last week for a recheck and now there is a large simple cyst on my right ovary 4cm with a tiny part that still looks complex and the left one is now more complex but smaller.  Anyways, after discussing it with my doctor I have decided to have laprascopic surgery on Dec. 16th and I am so nervous.  I am missing my left fallopian tube from the ectopic and we still want to have another baby (we have 2) so I am really hoping that at least my right ovary stays intact and functioning.  My doctor does not seem too concerned that it is cancer but there is always that chance and after almost 7 months of this I figure better safe than sorry.  I am a huge hypochondriac so this is consuming me with worry.  I am glad I found this to have you all for support.   What are the chances that this cancer and does anyone have a similar story?
Sorry I just realized that my question was already moved to this forum.  Double Post
Surgery is done.  It went very well.  No signs of cancer and still have both ovaries.  Endometriosis though so we are going to start trying to have another baby as soon as possible since it is easier to get pregnant within 6 months of surgery.  Thanks for the info.
Glad to hear everything went well....