Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cysts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cysts

Last week I went and had my 12 month Pap Exam earlier than normal because I have not had my menstral cycle since December of 2008. So they ordered a transvaginal ultrasound and told me that if everything looked normal they would just enduce my period with a small dose of hormones... the utrasound came back showing that I did have some ovarian cysts. The Doctor told me that the cysts were normal and to not worry about anything unless I have pain. Now I know ovarian cysts are normal and that when you have your menstral cycle it washes them out, so I am not so much worried about having them, I am more concerned about the Doctor being an idiot... There has to be some kind of reason that I have not started my period. I have been peeing more often it seems and I am constantly bloated. I'm worried there is more going on. I think I am going to get a second opinion but I first wanted to do as much research as I could so I don't get another idiot Doctor that doesn't catch a serious problem that could be there.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
Cysts can indeed cause you to stop having a period.  Did he give you an indication as to what type of cysts and what size?  Take a look at our health pages for info on types of cysts and symptoms.  This will help to arm you for that 2nd opinion.  Good luck.
Blank
356929_tn?1246393356
I think it's wise to have the 2nd opinion, if for no other reason other than you don't have a lot of confidence in your current Dr.  But cysts sometimes can take as long as 3-4 cycles to disappear.  Your period doesn't "wash them out". They simply dissolve.

Good luck
Blank
600006_tn?1219855170
Do you guys have any insight as to why I haven't had my period since December? I am going to go have a second opinion soon, when I can find the time in my schedule, but until then it will ease the tension hearing other thoughts from other people.
Blank
600006_tn?1219855170
I just wanted to let you two know that on Sunday I started drinking Yogi Tea (found in the vitamin aisle of any grocery store) They have different tea's for different things... mines called Woman's **** Quai Tonic an Herbal Supplement tea to regulate your menstral cycle... well two cups a day since this last Sunday and I started my period last night! Wonderful, Wonderful tea! Three months without cycling and just three days of drinking the tea to kick it into gear... I'm very Happy!
Blank
356929_tn?1246393356
That's good news !! And it's tasty too ?? I know you're relieved....
Blank
553516_tn?1255870819
I wonder if you can that tea in uk. I have not had a period sience August 2008.Thanks Trudi C i now know that cysts can stop your periords. My gyn thinks I have a cyst. I am now wondering how large it is.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank