Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian Cysts

Last week I went and had my 12 month Pap Exam earlier than normal because I have not had my menstral cycle since December of 2008. So they ordered a transvaginal ultrasound and told me that if everything looked normal they would just enduce my period with a small dose of hormones... the utrasound came back showing that I did have some ovarian cysts. The Doctor told me that the cysts were normal and to not worry about anything unless I have pain. Now I know ovarian cysts are normal and that when you have your menstral cycle it washes them out, so I am not so much worried about having them, I am more concerned about the Doctor being an idiot... There has to be some kind of reason that I have not started my period. I have been peeing more often it seems and I am constantly bloated. I'm worried there is more going on. I think I am going to get a second opinion but I first wanted to do as much research as I could so I don't get another idiot Doctor that doesn't catch a serious problem that could be there.
Cysts can indeed cause you to stop having a period.  Did he give you an indication as to what type of cysts and what size?  Take a look at our health pages for info on types of cysts and symptoms.  This will help to arm you for that 2nd opinion.  Good luck.
I think it's wise to have the 2nd opinion, if for no other reason other than you don't have a lot of confidence in your current Dr.  But cysts sometimes can take as long as 3-4 cycles to disappear.  Your period doesn't "wash them out". They simply dissolve.

Good luck
Do you guys have any insight as to why I haven't had my period since December? I am going to go have a second opinion soon, when I can find the time in my schedule, but until then it will ease the tension hearing other thoughts from other people.
I just wanted to let you two know that on Sunday I started drinking Yogi Tea (found in the vitamin aisle of any grocery store) They have different tea's for different things... mines called Woman's **** Quai Tonic an Herbal Supplement tea to regulate your menstral cycle... well two cups a day since this last Sunday and I started my period last night! Wonderful, Wonderful tea! Three months without cycling and just three days of drinking the tea to kick it into gear... I'm very Happy!
That's good news !! And it's tasty too ?? I know you're relieved....
I wonder if you can that tea in uk. I have not had a period sience August 2008.Thanks Trudi C i now know that cysts can stop your periords. My gyn thinks I have a cyst. I am now wondering how large it is.