Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cyst, fluid in uterus, severe abdominal pain and vomiting what ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian cyst, fluid in uterus, severe abdominal pain and vomiting what should I do??

Hi, I am 27 and have had 3 healthy natural birth babies and trying for another. I have been trying for over a year this time which was weird already since it took approx 3 months for the first 2 and 7 months for the latest one since my hubby was working away. I had tenderness in my abdominal area for quite a while after the last birth yet after an ultrasound they found nothing. He is 22 months and since the last check I have had periodical severe abdominal pain lasting a few hours each time.
The most recent I had to go to the hospital since I had sudden vomiting and the pain was so intense it shocked me. It lasted on friday from 3pm till 11pm without letup, I couldn't really pass anything and the next day my whole right siden of my stomache was sore. I went in sat afternoon and was admitted with possible appendicitis / eptopic pregnancy, yet pregnancy was rules out and my blood work came back positive I was kept in for observation on fluids and not able to eat or drink for 24hrs.
It improved yet after the ultrasound they informed me that I had an small cyst on my left ovary (not the right side?? go figure) and fluid in my uterus.
I also seem to have minor discharge and have recently after intercourse had a swollen vaginal area (no pain though) similar to when an dog is in heat. (hate relating it to that but it is the easiest way to describe it. I am not on any medication since my boy was 9 months because of having excessive bleeding for my period and migranes (migraines) on the other pills they prescribed. We were planning to have another baby so we just decided to start earlier, but it has been over 12 months now which is disappointing.
I had the guardisil vaccinations which gave me migranes (migraines) after each one and I had finished these just before my most recent baby.
Could this be the cause? If not what could be my problems? Will this effect my chances of getting pregnant again?? I seem teary the last few days and I'm not due to menstrate until monday which is still 5 days away. Will I need to return to have things checked out and when?
Not sure about the other stuff, but the ovarian cyst is most likely NOT the cause of your symptoms or difficulty getting pregnant. Small cysts are very common, and usually do not cause any symptoms inless it bleeds,breaks open, is twisted or causes twisting (torsion) of the fallopian tube,or pushes on nearby structures.(which they would've seen on the ultrasound) Most will go away without treatment in 8-12 weeks.
Ironically, in many  women, the major risk posed by ovarian cysts is not because of the cyst itself, but because of the overenthusiasm of a misguided surgeon, who wants to remove the cyst. This is often much more dangerous, because many trigger-happy surgeons remove the entire ovary, thus compromising ovarian function; and because the surgery can result in scarring ( adhesions) which will then impair tubal function. If anyone advises you to have it removed, PLEASE seek a 2nd opinion. My best friend was 18 when they said she needed surgery, which she had. 10 years later and she was still unable to get pregnant. Her fertility doctor basically said that the surgery was not needed, and caused severe scarring, preventing her from getting pregnant.  I'm sorry I know you didn't ask much about the cyst, but I would hate for another woman wanting kids to lose the ability because no one warned them. Hopefully you are already preggo and won't have to worry about anything.Best of luck :)
In my experience even very small cyst can cause problems.  When you have a cyst on one side and pain on the other, it is called referral pain.  It could be that your cyst is pushing on a nerve causing pain on the other side.  It sounds as if you may have had a cyst rupture (with the pain and the fluid in the uterus).  If that is the case, there is nothing that can be done.  The pain will go away, but it could take a few weeks to feel back to normal.  Each month when we ovulate, we develop cysts, so it could be that your are experiencing ruptured cysts.  Having a cyst could possibly make it harder to get pregnant.  What was your doctors suggestion on this matter?  You know your body better than anyone, if something doesn't feel right, it probably isnt  I'd call your doctor and ask if it was a possible cyst rupture.  You can have all the symptoms that you described.  Good luck getting pregnant and please keep us posted on how you are doing.  
I fortunately havn't had the pain return and was due to menstrate today yet my test is blank and I suppose I have to wait until I either have my period or I get a positive.I just hope one of the two happens because it would be weird not to have my period and not show as pregnant. Hope that isn't possible!! Hopefully it was an one off rupture and I don't have any more problems or symptoms and I am especially hopeful that I'm pregnant!! Will let ya know either way, it would be about time though after waiting for a year!!! :)
Started on tuesday :( No not preggers. Still trying :(
Had another hospital trip yesterday with that severe abdominal pains they gave me a couple shots of morphine and some panadine fort. My mother just found out the other month she had gaullstones and says her mother had hers removed when my grandma was in her 30's. Could this be what I am experiencing. It seems to be monthly and I have been checking my BBT for ovulation and by the temps I was meant to haqve ovulated on the 1st of Feb so this has happened a week after my ovulation which is sooooo weird. Could they be gaullstones??? This last week around the time of ovulation I had a sore lower back for 3-4 days which then went away. I forgot to tell the doc since I wasn't thinking to straight with my pain. Please help.
Had a CT scan that again showed a follicle on my left ovary and fluid in my uterus. I'm so frustrated now since I have such severe pains yet they can't see anything apparently. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME??? Who should I see about this??? Will getting pregnant help?? Will going back on the pill help?? But that ruins me hopes of another baby!!!!
Try and find out if u have endometriosis. That hardly shows up on anything g except surgery. I had month long episodes like that for 6 months only to find end In the laparoscopy.
After all of that drama and pain and stressing about what is wrong with me I just found out I am pregnant after 16 months of trying FINALLY (Only 4-5wks)!! Though it was a positive thing to tell everyone since you can think that you are broken and then be pleasantly suprised!! I just hope that the previous problems won't effect my pregnancy!!! Will be checking with my obseotrician to make sure all will be well. Thanks for your thoughts and help!! When all hope is sometimes lost we can have a blessing from God.
omg wondergirl congratulations xxxx