Ovarian cyst and blood in stool
Hello, I'm 35 and was diagnosed with 3.5cm ovarian cyst and been sent to do a CA125 test since the cyst looked quite complex on trans vaginal ultrasound. My test came back so high that my gyno sent me to another doctor that is also an oncologist. You can imagine how worried I am being sent to an oncologist!! The new doctor cannot see the cyst on ultrasound (no trans vaginal in this doc office) so he did an internal check and found that the cyst is sticky. So he said that I need a surgery, do a frozen section while the cyst got tested and if the test came back as cancer, then he will take the whole uterus.
I was really scared since my grandmother had ovarian cancer and started reading all these information on the web (making me even more scared!). I postponed the surgery and start to go to another specialist yesterday. The doc not even looking at the old ultrasound images. He just asked me about my history (on my period cycle, etc) and did an ultrasound right away. He said the cyst is only 1.9cm and in no need of surgery of any kind. He gave me vitamins (Astaxanthin) that I suppose to take for 3 months and then I will have to take another CA125 test. He said that his only worry is because I have a family history of ovarian cancer so I need to be more cautious. It's my 2nd day with the vitamin. I went to the toilet this afternoon and I suddenly see bright red blood coming from my stool. I was just breathing with relief and now worried again because of this. What is the cause of the blood in stool? Do I need to go to another doctor to check?
Well I can understand why you postponed. Its good to not be frightened and just jump into a surgery.

I am curious as to what the level was for your CA-125.

The CA-125 is used not just for cancer screening and it could be elevated for various reasons.

Did they mention the possibility of it being Endometriosis?  

I had a 10cm complex cyst when I was 27, rectal pain and some blood, and extreme menstrual cramps as well as painful ovulation. My CA-125 was 78 and I ended up have Stage IV Endometriosis. That might be why they are asking about your cycles.

I too was sent to an oncologist because they thought for sure it was cancer.

My suggestion to you is if you had the surgery what is your biggest worry? Them giving you a hysterectomy?

The first doctor seemed more proactive but the second one I seems a little laid back but concerned. Is there any way for you to get a 3rd opinion and see if that makes you feel more at ease?

Bring all of your paperwork with you and ask what there opinion is.