Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cyst in left ovary
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovarian cyst in left ovary

I'm going to try and make a long story short. In March I had a laparoscopic surgery to remove what I was told was an endometrioma, turned out it was actually a bartholin ovarian cyst which from my understanding wouldn't normally be removed and apparently it was very small. Of course I did not know this as I was under a lot of pain medication and my mom was making all the decisions.
Since the surgery I have had severe pain on and around my lower right ovary. Every once in a while I have a good few days of little or no pain. Most often it seems like I'm in pain and if I press down where my right ovary is located it causes a lot of pain as well as having intercourse. This has been going on since March when I had the surgery and yesterday the pain increased to the point where my pain medication wasn’t doing anything so I went to the ER. They had to give me 2 doses of morphine in order to take the pain away and from doing an ultra sound they found a large cyst in my right ovary. They said this could be causing pain from the cyst rubbing on surrounding tissue. I don’t think this cyst has been causing the pain dating back from the first surgery because I had an exploratory surgery in July 29th due to swollen lip nodes and severe pain on my right ovary and the surgeon checked my ovary during that surgery; apparently there was no cyst then but not sure of this.
So is it common for another cyst to occur within the ovary after having a cyst removed by laparoscopic surgery and please any feedback as of what to do from this point would be great. Keep in mind I’m only 23 and I by no means want to have anymore surgeries. Oh and one more thing am I the only one who feels like no doctor believes what I’m telling them and minimizes my pain to the point where I can’t get pain medication even though I’m suffering in pain.