Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ovarian cyst

7 years ago I had a 6 cm cyst on my left ovary causing rectal pressure. After an MRI and partial colonoscopy I finally talked the surgeon onto removing it for me. The cyst tipped my ovary back against my recital wall.  It was endometriosis.   About a month ago the rectal pressure started back up so I called to get an ultrasound. Now, I have 2 cysts that are 3 cm each on my right ovary. The surgeon wants me to take the pill for three months and come back for another ultrasound. Two days after starting the pill I thought my rectal pressure was gone for about three days, but now it's back. I know it makes sense that I would have rectal pressure again considering it would be about the same total weight pulling the ovary back, but it still freaks me out that it could be colon, anal or rectal cancer.  I know I felt this way last time too. I go for a routine pap on Monday, so I may have her look around up there, but its so frustrating. It's going to be a long wait, which I am sure the cysts aren't going away and I am going to end up in surgery again.  Anyone else have rectal pressure like me?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? How was the pap smear and follow up with your doctor? Symptoms of ovarian cysts may include bloating or swelling in the abdomen, pain during bowel movements, pain in the pelvis shortly before or after beginning a menstrual period, pelvic pain which you may be experiencing. Sudden and severe pelvic pain may be a sign of torsion or twisting of the ovary on its blood supply, or rupture of a cyst with internal bleeding. This warrants immediate medical attention. Check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
My pain/pressure has been better the last couple of days. I can still feel something though, like its 'dried' up?  I have been spotting for five days, which started on day 10 of the pill. Could it have burst?  Pap was normal. See my gyno again this week.