Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cysts and in vitro procedure - pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hello everyone!

I had endometriosis, chocolate cysts and tumor on my right ovary, also blood thickening, and my right ovary was removed during laparoscopy almost 8 years ago. I have problems with my left ovary too, endometriosis and cysts. I've done a lot of treatments (herbal, Yasmin pills, Zoladex shots etc.) and a punctuation. My husband and I decided to start TTC 1 year and a half ago but that didn't gave any positive results, so now we decided to make the in vitro procedure. Before that I must go on a laparothomy, so that the doctors can remove one endometriotic cyst.
My question is: Is it possible to get pregnant with in vitro considering my situation? My gyno and other doctors had never told me that I can't get pregnant, but still, I need some real experiences... Does anybody had similar experience and if yes, please write if there are any chances for me to get pregnant or I should give up?
Thank you in advance!
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Endometriosis is a problem that tends to recur with time. Hence it is best to conceive as soon as the treatment for the endometriotic cysts is done. This can be laparotomy for removal or medical treatment. Success of IVF will depend on other factors like age, quality of endometrial lining and sperm factors and embryo quality. Consult an infertility expert for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Thank you for your answer to my post! I will talk to my gyno and other infertility experts before the next step and before the laparotomy and IVF procedures. I am 27 years old, so I think that in this field I have good chances and the spermogram of my husband was ok, just some small and not so important problems, and about the other things I need to see my doctor and talk to him and make more examinations.
Thank you one again and all the best!