Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cysts and swollen pelvic lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have been having recurrent cysts for the past 6 months. My last ultrasound showed 3 cysts on the left and 2 cysts on the right with the biggest one being 3 cm with alot of free fluid. The dr. just wanted a follow up ultrasound in 2 more weeks. However, I now have swollen lymph nodes in the pelvic area that really hurt. My CA125 was 4 (I am Premature Ovarian Failure).
Should I call the dr now and try to get in? Should I be concerned with the lymph nodes? Has anyone else had this?
Thanks.
~Gatorgirl
I would call the doctor and let him know what's going on.  If they can get you in earlier, that's great.  If not, he can note your chart for when you do go, and perhaps recommend something for the pain.  I had swollen lymph nodes as well, my gyn/onc said it was because one of my cysts was leaking and causing an infection, which was really painful.
Not something to be overly concerned about, but painful nonetheless.

Keep us posted on your status, you're in my prayers.

Hugs,
Morrowville
I went ahead and called the dr. but he wasn't in today. The nurse will talk to him in the am and call me back. I was pretty sure that the lymph node was from the "leaky" cyst. It hurts more than the cyst. The problem that I am concerned about is that every ultrasound that I have had for the past six months has shown "free fluid"  and the dr just says that one of the cysts had ruptured or leaked (everytime?).
Thanks for the reply.
~gatorgirl
Well, the dr. called back and said that the swollen lymph node has nothing to do with the cyst or the fluid. Go figure. I really don't believe it.
Hi Gatorgal!
How are you feeling today?  Did the doctor give you anything to alleviate the pain?  Did you ask him what the swollen lymph node might be from if not from the cyst?

Perservere.  Write all your questions down and go over them with the doctor until you are satisfied with his answers.  If he doesn't give you the answers you need, get a new doctor.  This is the most serious thing to deal with alone--and you alone are responsible for your health.  It is for your body, and you must remain diligent.  I hope you get some better answers, and the pain subsides.

Let us know what happens when you call/see the doctor.  Perhaps you can take someone with you to help address the doctor?  I usually go with my hubby when he goes to the doctor, because he always forgets to ask questions.

Good luck, and keep us abreast of your developments, ok?
You're in my prayers.

Donna