Ovarian cysts+ the depo shot
I started out with one very small ovarian cyst on my right side ( 2.3 cm i think) so i was put on the pill. 2 months later the cyst leaked and i ended up going ot my Ob the next day. come to find out another cyst had formed on my left ovary. only this cyst is bigger then a golf ball. I was then given the Depo shot to hopefully reduce the size/ get rid of the cyst all together. i am a month and a half into having the shot in my system and i feel horrible. I am often in a lot of pain with constant what feel like period cramps. but worse right where the cyst is. It prevents periods but my body still feels like it wants to start its been over a week since i would have and I am very bloated and very cranky. my moods have been in every witch way at any moment since i started this birth control.  All in all I feel worse then i did when this all started.often days i feel very depressed and dont have the same modivation to do the old things i loved.  Any advice or similar storys of this happening. I can not live like this any more im driving myself crazy with these mood swings and all this pain!
HI,
Recurrent ovarian cysts will usually require hormonal therapy in the form of estrogens or progesterone or combination o both. These medications have their own side effects which is why you are feeling that way. Taking antacids and diet modification will help. Also you may try meditation and self motivation for mood swings. Being with family and friends will also help.
Hope this helps.
have an ovarian cyst on both sides, not sure size, but also have a fibroid and fluid.  took the depo for 3 years and still have cysts,  stopped for 6 months on depo and told to go back on.  have cramping around 2 weeks before period even on depo, but gyno said all of the findings shouldn'tcause problems.   i don' believe them and thinking of second opinion.  never tested for endrometrosis  never had children and 42yrs old