Ovarian masses
My partner has just been diagnosed with a 30cm mass across ovaries and womb.

She is a nurse, so understands exactly what the implications are.

We are both feeling very scared, she has had a CAT scan, MRI and ecography because the source of here back pain last week was not understood so they threw the lot in (thank god we have insurance...)

The GP called today with the good news it looks fibrous, but we are not celebrating anything yet. The next step is probably a hysterectomy.

I don't really want anythig ovther than opinions on whether this is possibly survivable, and if so what we need to do.

We've been crying quite a lot this weekend, which is even tougher as the kids don't know yet so we go the neighbours or upstairs when we are having trouble coping.

My heart goes out to all of you in the same position.

This discussion is related to Fibroid and pelvic mass.
Try to remember that there are many benign tumors that can be removed and all is well.  

Until the hysterectomy and subsequent pathology, I would just try to stay positive.  Only with pathology will you know exactly what you are dealing with and, hopefully and prayerfully, all will be good news.