Ovarian Cysts Community
PID and Ovarian Cysts pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

PID and Ovarian Cysts pain

My Question - What can I do? - This may go on a bit, but please read. I had a serious case of PID about 3 years ago, caused by an infected coil, After 4 months of doctor appts, trips to A&E and different courses of anti-biotics I finnally had to pay to have a lapaoscopy privately. The pain was terrible and I was shocked at how the medical profession didn't seem to care or want to help. I eventually recovered but was aware that the problem may reoccour. Fast foward 3 years and the story starts again. I am in a wonderful relationship and wish to extend my family. (I already have one son who is 11 yrs) so I stop having the depo injection and see what happens. No pregnancy just irregular heavy bleeding, lots of pain, weight gain and bloating. Eventually I have a scan where an ovarian cyst is discovered about 6cm. I'm referred to gynie for an out-patients appt. Yes I need another lapaoscopy and to have the cyst removed, but I have to wait 12 wks taking my date to 21st June 2010. Hurray I say, but I hope I can last out and put up with the pain for that long. My body has other ideas!!!. After a funny turn at work last week (feeling faint and incoherant) paramedics were called. No need for a trip to A&E so go home and rest. Not feeling any better I visit my GP the following day. Still no answer for why this is happening, but codeine is given for the pain and a request to be seen again on Fri if not better. Guess what im still not good and pain is getting worse. (I'm also missing time from work due to this!!!) so another trip to GP. Yes after exam I have the same pain as I have 3 yrs ago and a temperature. No anti-biotics given just dicofenac for inflamation (inflammation). Agghhh, after resting for the weekend (thank god it's a bank holiday) I'm still in pain and very fed up. How can I be seen at gynie sooner? Why Is no one helping me? Any Ideas my fellow pelvic pain sufferers?
hi you poor thing ,you shouldent have to suffer like that ,would you be better off just to go to a&e then your gp they would admit you and they would have to do some thing , the health system is gone to pot you would have to be on your last legs now before they do anything the night i was admitted i was left on a trolly all night crying in pain and getting sick dont blame the nurses they couldent cope a nurse called me and said i want you to complain you were left on a trolly and they are to wards locked up and they arent left use them ,thanks to the goverment , if i mas you i wouldent waste any more time suffering demand that they do somthing let us know how you get on .
You need to go to the ER (I guess that is the same as A&E) to make sure that the ovary isn't twisting.  If i is, that would be an emergency surgery.  How high is your fever?  If you decide NOT to go to the ER, then call your gynecologist TODAY and tell her that you are in the worst pain ever and are now running a fever.  You need to be seen NOW!!  Then don't take no for an answer.  You could always show up at her office and let them see how much pain you are in.  Please don't let this go.  You need medical attention!!  I am very worried about you.  Please let us know how you are doing.  I'm praying for you!!