Ovarian Cysts Community
PLEASE HELP ME!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PLEASE HELP ME!

I am 29. Trying for a baby (first) though i have cysts on both sides. Dermoid cysts. Gynae doc said if cysts removed then risk of ovaries taken out. I have to try and conceive with cysts in there, but long proces. What do i do. Im panicking..and that doesnt help. I long for a child. I have had dermoid cysts removed in ther past but outcome/recovery was fine. Im scared. Please advise/help me. I dont want depresion to kick in.
Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
486831_tn?1209152464
You should try to get a second opinion.  I do believe that surgery is the only way to take care of dermoid cysts, but I haven't heard of having to remove the ovaries because of them.  And you've had the surgery done before with no complications - I'd ask why it is different this time?
Just stay calm - or at least try to.  I know how hard that can be.  I also tried to concieve (conceive) for several years.  Then they discovered a large cyst.  They removed it along with endometreosis and within a year after, I got pregnant.  So, I'll just tell you it is possible.

Blank
225036_tn?1294513000
I too have had a dermoid cyst removed.  How big is your cyst.  Sometimes big cysts can be attached to other organs making it necessary to remove the ovary.  Sometimes, they also overtake the ovary and it needs to come out.  Do you hae dermoid cysts on both ovaries?  Maybe you will only have to have one come out, or maybe he was just telling you the worse case scenario.  When do you go see your doctor again?  PLease keep us posted.  

Hugs,
Kasie
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949