Ovarian Cysts Community
Pain Relief Suggestions for Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Pain Relief Suggestions for Cyst

My primary care physician sent me for a CT scan because I'd been having abdominal pain and nausea for 2 weeks (it's been 3 weeks now).  Turns out I have an ovarian cyst.  So he referred me to see my GYN.  Unfortunately, she can't fit me in to her schedule for 2 more weeks.  

Has anyone had to deal with pain from an ovarian cyst for over a month?  Should I be concerned about having to wait 2 more weeks?  Does anyone have suggestions for relieving the pain in the meantime?  Thanks so much.
The waiting can be so frustrating.  Your wait is pretty normal.  Did your doctor tell you the size or type of cyst?  I would suggest you get back into your family doctor and get a copy of the report (then you can look at the health pages on the top right and learn more about what you are dealing with and post questions here) and ask him for something for the pain.  I had awful pain with mine and my doctor gave me percocet.  You can try Motrin but I don't know if it will be enough to help.  Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
I agree that the waiting can be so frustrating , sometimes you are expected to wait months with awful pain and other symptoms from cysts. I would definately go to your doctor and get some pain relief meds to help you cope with the pain .

Best wishes Angie
Trudy and Angie, thanks for the replies.  The radiologist's report from the CT scan just said it was a fluid filled cysts approximately 2.9 cm in size.  He also mentioned that there may be a cyst on my other ovary, but it was hard to tell.  So, he and my doctor recommended having an ultrasound.  I'll try to see my family doc this week about the pain.  He said o try Tylenol, but that hasn't really helped.  Thanks again.
UPDATE:

Well, it's been nearly a month and a half since I first started experiencing pain from my cyst(s).  I feel like I've been running around without much being accomplished.  I went to my GP three times (with multiple blood and urine tests), had a CT, went to my GYN (just this week), and had a ultrasound (pelvic and transvaginal today).  My GYN prescribed an NSAID, but it's been pretty useless for my pain.  Now I have to wait another week to get the results of the ultrasound. ARRRGGH!

I'm so frustrated by this waiting game, but it's encouraging to know I'm not the only one going through this.  Reading about your experiences has really kept me from completely freaking out.  Thanks everyone.