Ovarian Cysts Community
Pelvic mass & Ovarian Cysts....help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pelvic mass & Ovarian Cysts....help!

Can anyone please explain the results from my Pelvic & Transvaginal Ultrasound? I have been in pain since 10/27/12, ER thought kidney stone but I had no history and CT was negative. Had the ultrasound done this past Friday 11/2/12 and I will post the results below... also, I am on anti-coagulant medication due to Protein C Deficiency (clotting disorder) and I'm worried that I'm going to need surgery for whatever is going on. Any time I've went off the blood thinning med, I've gotten a DVT or PE...Help me understand this mumbo jumbo please! My gyno appt. isn't until next week.

SYMPTOMS:  LT side pelvic & flank pain, nausea, urinary frequency, pressure and bloating, sudden weight gain around middle/abdomen, eating little but feeling full, passing more gas than usual.

FINDINGS: Transabdominal and transvaginal imaging shows uterus measuring 9.2cm x 3.7cm x 5.2 cm. Small nabothian cyst 3.8 mm near the cervix. There is suggestion of septate configuration. A mixed echo slightly hyperechoic mass anteriorly suggests a mass measuring 2.5cm x 2.0cm x 2.4 cm (possibly fibroid)in the fundus. An ovoid cycstic structure rightward within the fundus is present as well measuring 2.2cm x 1.7cm x 1.3cm. This could reflect some nonspecific fluid within the endometrium rightward. There is no evidence of fetal pole or findings to suggest gestational sac however clinical correlation. Endometrium measures about 6.2mm
A simple appearing cyst in the right ovary measures 12mm x 16mm x 9mm. Simple appearing cyst in left ovary measures 13mm x 11mm x 9mm. No free fluid.

IMPRESSION:
Partial septate configuration uterus with a cystic like structure rightward as noted above and note of a uterine mass anteriorly. Follicular cysts in each ovary. No free fluid.
3185070_tn?1344704177
The impression is what doctors go by.  It means that you have a cyst on the right side of your uterus and the ovarian cysts are normal...follicular cysts are the most common ovarian cyst and can easily be gone or smaller on your next ultrasound.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...