Period after cyst removal? How many weeks?
This is a long one!
But I hope somebody can answer my question please!
When I was 11 I had my right ovary and folopian tube removed as I had a 12cm cyst twisting and causing me a lot of discomfort, unbearable pain and vomiting.
8 year later when I was 19 I started with the same pains but milder from my left side, visited my GP who referred me for a scan, a week later I had had another operation to have the cyst removed.
At that age I was still not yet thinking of having children at that time but definitely wanted them one day!
I'm 26 next week, I'm a very active and healthy woman and I'v been trying to conceive with my partner for around 6months until last weekend 19/03/16 I was due on as normal every 28days and I had a very heavy period that only lasted 24hrs, and normally last around 4/5 days, I had seviour abdominal pains rolling around on the bed in agony, thinking the pain would ease off, took pain relief over the weekend until early hours on 22/03/16 I could no longer stand the pain.
I went to A&E and had an examination and a scan, then to be told I had another cyst of 7cm on my left side again.
After speaking to a surgeon who was extremely understanding on my past with this problem and knowing I am trying to conceive he reassured me that he will save my only ovary and remove my cyst key hole, I decided to go ahead with the operation on Wednesday 23/03/16.
When I came around from the anethstetic the sergion explained that I still have my ovary but the cyst was a lot bigger and deeper than what the scan had showed but I have a very weak and thin folopian tube with scare tissue from my previous operation.
He said I may need a pipe through my folopian tube to help me conceive or IVF, I'm hoping this won't be the case and I can conceive naturally.
I returned home from hospital last night 26/03/16 and I feel much better to be home but I have a few things on my mind about when my next period should be due as they said 7/8 weeks but I'v read some people haven't had a first period after this op for 3months
Has anybody had eggs frozen?
Had to have IVF after this operation?
conceived normal after this operation?
how long did you have to wait to conceive after this operation?
Anybody who may be able to answer me I'd be extremely grateful
thank you
Natasha

My story is like yours,  but let me start out saying that freezing your eggs can cost $200 a month. My surgery was one when I was 18 and again on the other ovary when I was 28, both times they took a large amount of ovary. My husband and I were married and not getting pregnant -- thinking that okay this is the cards we were dealt we figured we would not have any children. Married 7 years and then, feeling strange, doctors bloodwork told me I was pregnant. I had a healthy baby boy at 37 years old. The love of my life, now an outstanding collage student. Hang in there, have faith.