Ovarian Cysts Community
Period after ovary removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Period after ovary removal

Hi all , its been sometime since I lasted posted on the boards. My cyst was removed on Jan 31 and due to the size of the cyst and complications ( the cyst was infected and it ruptured) my left ovary, tube, appendix  were removed. My question is -
When should I expect a period?
right away?
next expected date?

I had my right ovary removed on 6th Jan due to a dermoid cyst.  I had a period about a week after the operation, then the next one was about 27 days after that.  I started taking the pill again on the start of the second period so I don't know what would have happened after that, although I suspect my period would have come again at normal time.  
You will find that with the surgery that your body needs to reset itself.  After my surgery I had 3 periods within 8 weeks and then it started getting normal.  Each of us is different.  Glad you are doing well.
Just wanted to say I'm glad you're doing well and hope everything "straightens out" for you soon.. good to see you back.. hope you stick around..

Sandy