Ovarian Cysts Community
Post-Surgery body woe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Post-Surgery body woe

Last Tuesday I underwent a cystectomy on my right ovary.  Previous to the surgery, I was told by the ER doctor's (two weeks prior to surgery) that I had a UTI, which they treated, though I was feeling none of the symptoms.  My boyfriend is visiting from out of town and we tried having sex last night. Afterwards, I went to clean myself up and noticed pink, cottage-cheese like discharge on my legs and around my vagina.  My urine has been a bit cloudy lately and there is a slight itching and burning sensation.  Is this a yeast infection, combined with another symptom from the surgery?  Also, can men contract yeast infections in any way from intercourse?
I would suggest contacting your doctor. Perhaps intercourse aggravated something. I know my doctor made it clear to wait 6 weeks following laparoscopic surgery to have intercourse.