Ovarian Cysts Community
Post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hi - I am 45 yrs old and have a 2.2cm cyst on my left ovary that was diagnosed a few weeks ago through CT scan and u/s. My Dr. wanted me to do another u/s at the end of Sept. to see if it changes. But, the pain is unbearable. And, I have been dealing with this for the past 6 months. It is not every day - however, I can feel discomfort in my lower left abdomen every day along with constant breast soreness and intermittent nausea. But, for 2 weeks out of the month - during ovulation and menses (I think - hard to tell since I had an ablation) - the pain is off the charts - as in today. Not only pain in lower abdomen - also pain that shoots down my upper thighs along with nausea and lower back pain. I can't imagine a small cyst would cause this type of pain.  A friend of mine mentioned post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome.  Which is interesting because I had both of these procedures in 2005.  Could this be the problem?
Cysts can really cause so much pain!  Even though your cyst is 2.2cm, it could be causin you pain.  It definitely could be causing hormonal imbalances.  Try to hang in there.  It sounds like your doctor is on track by scheduling close follow-up.  But, if you have new and increased pain, you should call and try to get in sooner.  Sometimes, cysts grow and change rather quickly.  I am not familiar with post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome, but hopefully you can discuss this with your doctor.  I hope you feel better soon!

Shelly

Sounds all too familiar.  I hope you got the answers you needed.

Post ablation/tubal ligation syndrome is a very real and serious risk that GYNS seem to be ignoring.  If I had known the risk of future complications and facing a hysterectomy at 38 3 years after my ablation, I would have never agreed to let them do it.  Heavy periods are annoying, but I would have rather dealt with those than this chronic pain.  :(

I did read that the Novasure info does now include info about this, but in 2008 when I had it done, the warning was not available.
i had the procedure done, and i have had the exact same symptoms as you stated, severe pain in lower left, not all the time but it comes out of no where, nausea, breast soreness, and pain shooting down my left leg as well. i am scheduling an appt and will let you know. what did you find out?
I can't believe I found this site.  My youngest child is 16 yrs old and I had a tubal coagulation (tied then burned) about 5 years ago and then I had the Novasure ablation done in 2009.  I suffered from heavy period and ovarian cysts.  The heavy bleeding has stopped since the ablation but I have had the same pain in the lower left pelvic area and on 10/5/11 I actually went to the urgent care as I suffered all night with it. They did an exray and a vaginal ultrasound and found fluid which was an indication that an ovarian cyst had "possibly ruptured". I was sent home and went to see my GYN who disscussed "Novasure Syndrome" and told me to do a cyclic pain chart.  2 days ago I started the pains again. It has only been like 22 days so I have taken something heavy duty (that he prescribed) at night for the pain with the heating pad. This time I don't have the pain shooting down my leg and I am not completely doubled over so I know it is not as bad as in the beginning of the month.  The strange thing is that I did not suffer at all in the summer with this. I have put on a bit of weight since summer and am having problems with the change in weather (hormonal changes??) .. So to me it is a blessing to commiserate with others. I am a little worried and also wondering about up the road and hysterectomy.. anyway keep me posted!! Did you find out anything??
I'm wondering how everything turned out for you??? I had a myomectomy to remove a 5 cm fibroid in dec 2010 along with an ablation. My clotty periods stopped but I still had heavy and even more painful periods which progressively got worse with the pain each month. I still had periods for over a year and then 14 months after ablation my periods stopped. I got an ultrasound every month this year so far (2012) due to the pain. March I had a small amount of fluid that no-one saw as a big deal, and each month I had more and more fluid in my endometrium. still no one saw it as urgent. Now the flow is still in my endometrium I still have severe pain and now retrograde flow beceause my cervix has been blocked for the past 4-5 months. Hysterectomy scheduled in 2 weeks. It's worrysome as I am currently on my cycle but still no flow coming out of my uterues and worried about where this flow is storing and how it may affect me until my surgery.  I feel like the only person with this problem and it's very distracting. Has anyone had this same experience besides me???