Ovarian Cysts Community
Postmenopausal Ovary Removal-Long Term
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Postmenopausal Ovary Removal-Long Term

Everything I see addresses symptoms in premenopausal women.  Are there any side effects, etc., long term in women who are postmenopausal?  Had my ovaries out a week ago.  Feel good but just wondering about what others have felt further on. Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I'm post menopausal, had my left ovary, tube and cyst removed almost 2 years ago. Wow, time flies. Can't think of anything different. I had some spotting after the surgery which was unwelcome. I was so happy to be PM, didn't want to return to the panty liners again. That cleared up. Just the usual healing process. Occasionally I still get a little twinge or tug on my left side if I move just right. Maybe a few adhesions; I don't know.

irene
Blank
I just realized I posted my question in the Ovarian Cancer forum! Oh, oh...but I feel it's a good place to start. I have a 4cm functional cyst on my right ovary. Since last November I have not been well. I believe I ate something that caused an annal fissure. SInce then, I have had my period every 2 weeks, which led me to the ER in extreme pain. A CT scan
showed this cyst and a hepatic hemangioma(that's a group of veins on my liver). That is benign, so they say.
I also since Nov. have had sinusitis, which didn't respond to the first round of anti-biotics.
Then the belly pain happened Jan 3, and now it is Jan 21st and I am still bleeding! My Dr. prescribed a hormone to stop this bleeding but it can takeup to 8 days days to kick in.
I am a 52 who was healthy up until the anal fissure. If you know how long the back pain will continue (This is from a recently diagnosed UTI), do functional cyst cause chronic pain...if so how long will this last? I believe most of the pain was from the cyst, but I didn't expect the UTI either!
Heavens, any suggestions or information you have would be appreciated.
Hopefully this will all resolve...at least I'm optimistic!
Blank
Mine were removed 1 year ago PM and I continue to feel better without them. There is supposedly an increased risk for cardiovascular and osteoporosis issues with no ovaries or estrogen but I do not know for sure.  I consider my health vastly improved post-op.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank