Hey! Looking for suggestions, sometimes I feel like I'm the only person going through this since I don't know anyone my age having these problems. Feel free to leave ANY advice! I go back to the Dr in 3 weeks & I'm undecided about a 2nd opinion..
In 2010 I was having severe pain in my lower stomach, side & back- lots of pressure- tired feeling- etc. I went to my M.D. several times within a 3 month period & they kept diagnosing me with bowel problems, kidney stones, etc.. Since I worked for my M.D. I tried not to make it a big deal & deal with the pain- no medicine he gave me helped AT ALL. I was constantly in pain & made it hard to work! Finally, I decided I needed to find answers, something wasn't right & I needed to fix whatever it was- I scheduled an appt with my OBGYN- I had previously been to him 3 mo prior (didn't find anything wrong) when I went for my appt I told him everything that had been going on & told him I felt like ppl were starting to think I was making it up (even my MOM!) so we had 1 shot to find out what it was since it was effecting every aspect of my life! He ran several test & decided to do a vaginal ultrasound- which is when he found a para-tubal cyst on my left ovary/tube- he compared its size to a grapefruit-he immediately scheduled surgery for the following week.. (I was taking birth control at the time) I was really nervous- I had no health problems- 20yr old at the time- & never had surgery. The following week I went under the knife- he had to do laparotomy surgery (which left me with a huge scar, although with time it is looking better!) to remove it, while he was removing that cyst he found another fairly big cyst (compared to a lemon) on my right ovary, he removed it as well... after I had surgery it took several weeks to recover.. after recovering I felt like a new person! I had forgotten what it felt like not to hurt & have that pressure feeling!! He warned us that it could come back, but with my age he didn't want to jump into a hysterectomy. Everything was going great until about 2-3 months ago, I started having the same problems as before, I immediately scheduled an appt with my OBGYN Dr.- he found several small cyst (golf ball size)on my right ovary but it was not a para-tubal cyst like in 2010(not sure of what kind it is this time.) and I was having colon spasms which will cause a great amount of pain. He also found a lot of blood & fluid, which came from a hemorrhaged cyst rupture, LEFT side looked fine- no cyst.He told me to continue taking birth control & put me on some other medicine & said the blood & fluids would come out or be absorbed.. I went back a month later for my checkup, I was still in a lot of pain & when he did the vaginal ultrasound again it showed the blood & fluid draining (good sign!) & the cyst were still there but didn't seem to be growing in size (still size of golf ball), wanted me to continue medicine & follow up in 1mo(LEFT side still fine, no cyst)- I went back last thursday (a week shy of 1 mo b/c of severe pain in left side)- he did another ultrasound & found my right side still have several small cyst (size of golf ball) & my left side now has a bigger cyst measuring 4cm (size of orange)- this cyst was not there 3 weeks ago! It has came up & grown 4cm in less than 3 weeks! I'm almost certain I didn't start having pain on left side until 2 weeks ago so I'm afraid it didn't actually form until 2 weeks ago~ He told me he would probably have to do some sort of surgery b/c of the size, for me to continue medicine, he gave me a stronger pain pill & told me to be careful, no intercourse (not wanting it to rupture) & come back in a month for follow up appt.~ it's been a week since that appt & the pain seems to be getting worse, starting to feel pressure constantly & feeling nauseous every day! I still have 3 weeks to go before I go for my follow up appt & I've decided to do some research & see whats available.. there's NO family history of ovarian cyst.. my mom wants a second opinion but I trust my Dr & feel that he would do what's best. Family & friends are wanting me to get a second opinion (& I'm starting to want to) just to see what another Dr would say, since I'm on 22 yr old with no medical problems, or family history of ovarian problems. Full & partial hysterectomy has been mentioned a time or two, but there again with my age Dr doesn't want to resort to that if we can help it- neither do we! I really am having a tough time & the more I research it's bad to keep these inside of you (esp. with the left cyst growing). I am concerned that if I go back & he schedules surgery that if I postpone it due to getting a 2nd opinion it would hurt me in the long run! I don't want to change ovarian cancer, etc. (in 2010 cyst were sent to lab & came back benign.) Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.