Ovarian Cysts Community
Round Ligament Adhesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Round Ligament Adhesions

Hello All,

It's been a long time since I have been in this forum, I hope you all are doing well(or as well as can be).

Well after getting severe pain in my right side on Monday afternoon that left me unable to walk and had to have my boss drive me to my doctors office... She figured either adhesions or my appendix. If it wasn't eased in 2-3 hrs I was to go to Emergency. Needless to say, I dragged my butt into hospital, spent 7 hrs in there, to be sent home and told to come back the next day for an U/S. Went back the next day, had the U/S done, and it wasn't telling us anything. They couldn't see my appendix, so the ER Dr decided to go ahead and order a CT scan... That showed my appendix to be fine, my IV from the contrast dye was removed and I was sent on my way.

I went to my doctors today, and she went over everything, even called and had them go back and look closely to the CT etc to rule out Endometriosis, nothing.... So the only thing we do know is that I have adhesions on the round ligament following my Laparoscopy in 2010 and my Laparotomy in 2011.

Now, my question is... How do any of you ladies deal with it!?

I can't stand straight, sit down for too long, walk for long, etc without extreme pain. My doctor told me to take naproxen 2 times a day for 3 days. ( I am also on other medications because I have CRPS ( an unrelated injury).. In which she said that they normally give those to people with adhesions as well) I've had pains before, but they've never lasted this long. The only thing that feels good is laying down. Obviously that is not an option as I have to work for a living and am on my feet for 8 hrs a day.
Hi, I had adhesions wrapped around ligament following surgery in dec 2011 to remove fallopian tube.  I  spent from april 2012 to Jan 2013 in chronic pain and on morphine and housebound.  I was transferred from one hospital to another as no one could deal with the problem.  it took me ages to convince the first hospital to do a laparoscopy to investigate the pain because they assumed it was endometriosis or anxiety due to infertilty...i was to the point where i was screaming and couldnt move and no one would help me..  i couldn;t walk because of where the adhesions were.  Also my ovary was stuck behind it.  I had op Jan 2013 to resect ligament and remove adhesions but i am still in so much pain.  

Are you still in pain?  Amanda