Ovarian Cysts Community
Ruptured Ovarian Cyst and Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst and Period

Hey. So last week on Friday night/Saturday morning I hooked up with a guy. He penetrated me for less than 30 secondes and then we realized that we didn't have a condom and that it was a bad idea. He came a lot later on. I was supposed to get my period Monday or Tuesday and got it Tuesday night. It wasn't that heavy but it was still my period. On Wednesday my flow wasn't extremely heavy but it wasn't light either. Wednesday night, I had an ovarian cyst rupture. I passed out from the pain and spent the night in the ER on morphine for the pain. I had and ultrasound and CT scan to diagnose the ruptured cyst. However, my period was very light Thursday and Friday. I still needed a small pad though. On Saturday it was even lighter but still there so I used a pad. Today, Sunday, I just had a little spotting when I wiped but that's all.
I'm trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or if my abnormal period this month is just because of the ruptured cyst.
I have also been having headaches for the past two days that go away when I sleep, but I have been very tired due to my lack of sleep Wednesday night.
You are not pregnant. Please start respecting yourself and not hooking up...it's a really bad idea. Sorry you had a ruptured cyst.  Hope you feel better soon.