Ovarian Cysts Community
Ruptured complex ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Ruptured complex ovarian cyst

I had a complex ovarian cyst rupture on my L ovary a little over a month ago. I'm still having alot of pain, ecspecially with excersise and other  physical activity. Anyone have any similiar expierence? What should I limit my activity to and for how long?
Have you seen your gynecologist?  Did you have a scan that determined it was a complex cyst and how large was it?  Most complex cysts turn out to be benign.  But, any complex cyst runs a "chance" of being malignant.  Even benign cysts can cause complications (like infection) when they rupture.  You absolutely need to see your gynecologist right away and get a CT or MRI.  It is too long to be having lots of pain.  It is not worth waiting.  Scar tissue can form in areas of constant irritation and this could affect your future fertility.  Your body is letting you know that something is wrong.  Often, birth control pills are prescribed to help get things back to normal.  If your complex mass was a dermoid, the contents of the mass (like hair and nails) can be a ongoing irritant and the pain will only continue.  I hope you find answers soon!

Shelly