Aa
A
A
Close
Should I be concerned?
So here is a little background. I am a 30 year old female with 4 children and a history of ovarian cysts. I had one removed in 2007 that was 5cm and was found to be borderline malignant. I have also suffered from chronic pelvic pain, has my appendix and gallbladder taken out. I recently stopped Lupron injections two months ago for treatment of suspected endometriosis. I also have an appt with a Rheumatologist in Feb since my doctor believes I may have an autoimmune disorder of some kind that causes chronic inflammation. I have had no period since June of 2013 due to the Lupron injections. The cyst they removed was on the left side. I have been having right sided ovarian pain for the last 3-4 weeks. I had my gallbladder removed one week ago. My OBGYN asked my general surgeon to take a look around while he was in there to see if there was anything to cause my pain. They found a 3cm ovarian cyst on my right ovary and just left it alone. I called my OBGYN and spoke to the nurse. She told me that size cyst is very small and should not cause any pain. Now that I think of it, I think I told her 3mm instead of 3cm. They took a picture of the cyst and it is larger than my ovary, so pretty positive it is 3cm. So anyways I am calling back tomorrow to clarify. I am supposed to have an ultrasound every year to follow up on the borderline malignant diagnosis. As of 2 days ago I have had some spotting that lasted less than a couple hours and also pain while emptying my bladder. Should I demand a follow up ultrasound? Should I see an OBGYN oncologist? I don't know where to go from here. I think my OB thinks I am crazy! Obviously I am not since I said I have pain its a cyst and they found one. I just don't want to ignore this and find out later I have cancer or something! I always think there is something wrong with me, so I am walking a fine line between concern and crazy!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I forgot to mention that I started the Depo shot about a week and a half ago at my own request to try to suppress ovulation.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank