Ovarian Cysts Community
Solid cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Solid cyst

Have anyone had this go away on its own. I have a small syst but it is solid.

This discussion is related to Solid mass/cyst in ovary.
I don't believe solid cysts can "go away on it's own".  It is common to "wait and watch"  with small solid cysts to monitor their growth.  A cyst of 5 cm or more is usually removed.
I hope this helps.
Peace.
dian
Hi agree with what dian has said.
But alot depends on ur medical history etc etc
Also on if the cyst is causing u pain or discomfort but mainly they will take the wait & watch approx
Take care
Hi. I just found out I also have a solid 2cm mass on my ovary. I have been reading a lot about it. Looks like they don't seem to go away if they are solid. All the hundreds of cases I have read about have had to have surgery to remove it. I am scared. I have 2 young children. I know you are scared to. Looks like the next step for most people is a cat scan or mri. Then an appoinment with a cancer gyn just to be on the safe side. It says you should have a cancer gyn remove them over a reg. gyn. Hope this helps.
Many Blessings
Star
Solid cysts do generally have to be removed especially if over 5cm.  Hemorraghic cysts (blood filled) or Endometriomas (also blood filled) can show as solid on ultrasound, and these are benign cysts.  Also Dermoid cysts show as solid, 2 weeks ago I just had a 10cm solid mass removed that proved to be a benign dermoid.  I had this removed via open laparotomy.  Generally with growths less than 5cm they can be removed via Keyhole, of which most be people go home the same day and is relatively pain free
A year ago a solid mass/cyst was found on my ovary, the CA125 was negative, and they did a color ultrasound and found no blood flow to the cyst. The ultrasound tech said it was solid and he had pushed on it with the wand to make sure when I asked.  We decided to watch and wait.  When I went in for a one year followup, the ultrasound showed no cyst or mass or anything...perfectly normal!!  So what the heck was it?  Before the recheck my doc said he thinks I should get a hysterectomy since my sister had breast cancer and I am high risk. I asked for the rescan first, we will discuss this disappearing phenomenon on Monday and I will give him my decision on the surgery scheduled for next week...I call it the go or no-go meeting.  I think leave well enough alone.  I have been driving myself crazy deciding which is riskier...continuing watch and wait or surgery complications, and studies on ovary loss affecting longevity are conflicting.  Not enough information out there.  I am 50.  
What did you decide to do?! My wife just got ultrasound results back that her entire right ovary appears to be solidified into a mass and has a small growth jutting out of it, 3 cm. She is near your age, 54, and has always been very healthy. She is going to set up an appointment with her gynecologist to find out more, and decide whether to do a biopsy or remove the whole mass and growth. Sounds like the ovary is gone anyway, BUT... we agree with you that it's best not to do any surgery unless unavoidable or the odds are super-favorable for doing so. We are vegetarians who get very healthy when "on the wagon" but have periods of eating too much junk (sugar, fat, chips, cake, you name it) and can really tell how much our bodies change back and forth, so I would not rule out that she COULD reverse this if I heard of a number of others like you who had solid cysts which disappeared... though in this case, it seems to have displaced the whole ovary, so is a different story. Thanks for any reply on this.