Special diet to prevent dermoids?
I have a history of dermoid cysts (I lost my right ovary to a large dermoid cyst in 1996  and just this last September I had laparoscopic surgery on the remaining ovary due to another dermoid that was 8.2 cm in size, as well as two other tiny ones "hiding" behind it). The doctor was able to remove the cyst only and reconstruct my left ovary. So, my main concern now is how do I prevent these from reoccurring? I would really like to try to have a baby if it's still possible. My gyno said that she removed the entire cyst wall so that should help. I have been reading a lot about dermoids online and some sites say that they are caused by a lack of progesterone and the intake off too much animal fat and processed foods. I eat fairly healthy and am of average weight for my height, but I am willing to make improvements in my diet if there is even a small chance it could help. Anyone have experience with this? Do you have any pointers on what types of foods to eat or supplements to take, etc?? Thanks! :)
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent them.  It is common to have multiple dermoids and they say you are born with them.  The best thing you can do is get regular transvaginal ultrasound to detect them at early stages.  This way you will not end up with a very large cyst that destroys your ovary. Here is a link with some good info. on dermoids:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/sdermoid-cyst

You should ask your gyn if there are any recommendations he has.  If you aren't ready to conceive for a few years, birth control pills may help keep your hormones regulated.  But, bc pills are more effective at preventing functional blood filled cysts.  Dermoids are their own entity.  Your doctor is your best resource for recommendations to keep them at bay.  You may want to consult a fertility expert about having your eggs frozen as a safeguard for your fertility.  Most of the time, dermoids are removed and they do not cause infertility.  But, if you have multiple large dermoids, you do run the risk of having to have your ovaries removed with them.  I don't think diet causes dermoids.  Poor diet can cause hormonal imbalances that may contribute to the forumation of some cysts...but dermoids aren't this type of cyst.  Best wishes for remaining cyst free!

Shelly