Ovarian Cysts Community
Still in pain after ruptured cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Still in pain after ruptured cysts

I am a 26 year old white female. I had a complete molar pregnancy the beginning of last year. I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometrosis when I was 15 years old and placed on birth control. I have had 5 surgeries to remove the cysts, some measuring anywhere from 1x2 to 6x8 inches. Over the past two years the cysts have been getting worse, they are coming more frequently and more painfully. My doctor was excellent, but retired and I am now seeing someone who doesn't really seem as concerned as I think she should be. When she discovered more cysts she told me to come back in three months and she doubled my birth control. The pill I am now on has caused me to miss a period and have such extreme bleeding that I've had to leave work because I bled through a tampon and a pad. I have had heavy and painful flows, but never like this and my cycle (even with endometriosis) has always been like clockwork. About a month ago I was told that a small cyst ruptured because I was having extreme pain with naseua and vomitting, but no fever. I've had a ruptured cysts, and it has never caused that much pain. I had an ultrasound that showed the cyst on the other ovary seemed to be getting smaller, but was still there. The ironic thing is the ovary that had the ruptured cyst is still in extreme pain everyday and it sometimes shoots to my back. The pain has been there since I had the D&C for the molor pregnancy. I've called the doctor and they seem to just brush it off as cramps, and say that it is not associated with the molar pregnancy or the cyst because it ruptured. I am concerned that something is going on in my body that they might be missing. My appointment is next week, and I wanted to know should I be asking particular questions to find out what's going on with me? My previous doctor had expressed her concern about me losing an ovary because I had cysts so often that did not go away and seemd to appear no matter what treatment I was given.  I was also thinking about switching doctors to a more highly recommended obgyn in my area. Would this be a good idea?
I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I would insist on them finding the reason for the pain.  I would b concerned that another cyst has grown or even ectopic pregnancy.  It is not normal for you to still have pain.  The new doctor might be a good move for you.  Good luck.
Switch. Why not? You know your body best. You have had all this experience and your old doctor to compare with. You're an expert in a way, so if you think this gynaecologist is not concerned enough, go to that other one.
Good luck with all of it.