Ovarian Cysts Community
Stitches, healing, incisions, blood???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Stitches, healing, incisions, blood???

So i had my laparoscopy 9 days ago and had some questions about the incisions.
I have one x-shaped incision near my pelvic region and the scabs are starting to come off, and everything looks like it's healed nicely there but there is a stitch right in the cross section that has a knot sitting on top of my skin that won't budge and it's driving me nuts as everything else seems to have healed.
My belly button incision is the one that i have the real issue with as there is a layer of thick dried blood on top of the incision that doesn't want to go anywhere. I've tried rinsing, i gently tried to coax it off with a q-tip, a couple of sections of blood were hanging off so i gently removed them with tweezers hoping that the rest would come with or i'd at least be able to see the incision. But no, just more dried blood! So i dont even know for sure how wide the incision is. If i go off the blood layer, it must be about 3-4 millimetres wide - which is wider than i was expecting! I'm worried that wearing a bikini ever again has just gone out the window! Since yesterday it has gotten a little red on the edges of the incision/blood. There's absolutely no pus and it doesnt hurt to touch. And then i have numerous stitches hanging out from my bellybutton too!
So when did everyone here find the external stitches fell off or if they didn't how did you deal with them? I tried to pull my pelvic one and i could feel resistance so i've left it.
And what has everyone's experience been with their belly button incisions? Have they had the same issues with the blood seeming to attach itself itself to the incision. Lol! Any way of removing the blood without affecting the incisions or my healing? And the redness that has just appeared around the incision, does that mean i'm healing or infected?  
If anyone has any advice or would like to share their stories from their surgeries regarding the above, it would be greatly appreciated!
It sounds like you are recovering nicely.  It is absolutely normal for the blood/scab to be on your scar.  It may take a bit of time to get it off as you don't want to irritate the incision too much.  As for the stitches, I never had external ones.  I think that your doctor may have to take them out at your post-op appointment.  Don't try to pull them out because you don't want to do any damage on the inside.  Just give your body time to heal.  Clean the incisions as your doctor instructed.  Eventually the scab/blood will fall off.  As far as the redness goes, just keep an eye on it.  If it starts oozing pus or starts hurting or you start running a fever, then you need to give your doctor a call.  Otherwise, it is probably just your incision healing.  Keep doing what you are doing, it sounds like it is working.