Ovarian Cysts Community
Stomach Pain, Ruptured Cysts - HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Stomach Pain, Ruptured Cysts - HELP!

I am 33 years old and have been to the ER twice in the last 4 months.  I keep having terrible stomach pain.  I had an abdominal CT scan the first time and was told that I have a left ovarian cyst (2 cm) and a moderate amount of free fluid around my ovaries.  I went to my OBGYN and had a vaginal U/S only to find out the the free fluid was re-absorbing and the cyst was smaller.  Last week I ended up in the ER again for horrible stomach pain again but mostly in my upper right side and in my ribs (some discomfort in my pelvic area too).  Again the found a 2.5 cm cyst in my left ovary and a moderate amount of free fluid around my ovaries.  My OBGYN has decided to do laparscopic surgery sometime in the next 2 weeks to see what is really going on and causing all this pain.  Of course my cysts are rupturing and allowing this fluid to build but maybe there is some other cause for this pain.  I am also worried about the pain I feel in my upper abdomen.  There is a certain spot about 1 inch above and 1 inch to the right of my belly button that is horribly painful to touch. This pain goes directly into my ribcage in my back and is excruciating!  I have already been tested for gallstones by every measure and everything is normal.  The question I have for anyone is, is it posssible for my OBGYN to check this upper abdominal area of pain during my laparascopy or will he only be able to check my pelvic region during this procedure.  I would hate to have to do it again later on  with a general surgeon for the cause of the upper pain. I have seen a Gastroenterologist in the past so I already know that I have gastritis but this pain feels so different.  Anyone else experiencing the same or have any insight?
I too have been getting pain on my left side right below my rib cage, deep in lower abdomen and back butt and legs. My doctor says the pain radiates. I get scared too becuase it seems so high for a cyst. I am scared I have something wrong with another organ. I had some bloodwork friday, will get that back today. I hope that comes back well. Do you get this pain every time you have a cyst.
I just had a laparoscopy with removal of an ovarian cyst...this was preceded by pelvic pain as well as abdominal symptoms...(I had bloating in my abd, fullness and heaviness with abd distention and some vague pain). it was my experience from this ordeal that it's a turf war between GYN and the GI guys.... I signed my release with this GYN specifically for the lap for the removal of the cyst and lysis of adhesions.....  they were not going to do a "diagnostic" lap....  I had gone to one GYN before who would not even do a lap... said that I needed to follow up with GI.....for my abdominal symptoms.... so now 12 days post-op...my abd symptoms have subsided...probably simply because of all the adhesions from a burst cyst........so hopefully the GYN can do a "diagnostic" lap
based on your symptoms....or eventually have a general surgeon do the diagnostic...
Good luck....and please report back......