Ovarian Cysts Community
Surgery is over!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Surgery is over!

I had my surgery yesterday 12/28 at 10:30 am. I checked into hospital at 8:30 and sent directly to pre-op day surgery. Everyone was lovely and so professional.

They wheeled me into the OR exactly at 10am, by 10:03 I was out cold. I woke up at 12:20 in recovery. I was told that they removed both ovaries and fallopian tubes. The inital pathology results were good and the Dr. thinks there is nothing to worry about, but it will take about a week  to get the final results.

After a few more naps, and a trip to the bathroom they let me go home about 4:30. I slept on and off all night with very frequent trips to the bathroom. They were not pleasant trips. The gas pains were horrendous and the percoset they gave me did nothing for the pain. One of the incisions was bleeding a bit, but stopped before i was going to call the dr.

I spent the night sleeping an hour, waking up, hobbling to bathroom, watching TV for 10 min, and then starting the cycle over again. Today there was much more pain in the abdomen. The pain pills dont work at all except to put me to sleep.

To anyone who has had a c-section before that is exactly what this feel like.
Hi! Glad to hear surgery went quickly and pathology results are good so far! Also, good to hear you are home so quickly. I do hope the gas pains subside quickly! I hope your recovery goes well. Keep us posted on the path results.
The pain will get better. Day 3 was when I started to feel less pain.
If I dont have a BM today Im going to cry. Its been 3 days and ive been taking Colace since i got him and NOTHING! I think if i could do something the pressure in my belly would feel better.
Did you have to do a bowel prep prior to surgery?  Have you eaten much?  There has to be something in there for something go come out!  I took Senakot after my surgery and it seemed to work.
I had a problem too when I first got home. I doubled the senokot and drank about 16 oz of prune juice, plus another 8 oz of apple juice. After about 2 hours, I was good to go. Someone also suggested to me something you can get at a drugstore, but I never did try it - sodium phosphate fizz. Supposed to be quick and not cause cramps.
I certainly can empathize and hope you get some relief soon!!
Well i double the dosage and that seemed to do the trick....i feel better now.
My stomach doestnt feel like it is going to explode. I  hope tomorrow the rest of me feels better tomorrow.

ive had some vaginal bleeding today...the first time since the surgery...is this normal?
I'm pretty sure it's common. My doctor said to not worry unless bleeding severely (filling a pad in an hour or less), accompanied by severe pain or fever, or major clotting. After my laparotomy, I had light bleeding for a few days, stopped a couple days, then bleeding again for about a week and then stopped about 5 days ago. Hope some others can share their experiences.
BTW-happy new year! Here's to a healthier 2013! ;)
Thanks again for you help!

Happy Healthy New year to you too!