Ovarian Cysts Community
THICK WALLED COMPLEX OVARIAN CYST

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

THICK WALLED COMPLEX OVARIAN CYST

Here is my story....  For the past 5 months or so the length of my period has dropped dramatically, from 6 days to about 3; and about one week after I start spotting, which lasts like 2 to 3 days. I have never been on birth control or any other medications that would effect my cycle.. I have always been regular.
Well, I went for my yearly pap about 2 months ago; during which I explained to my doctor what had been going on. He tested my hormones, thyroid, among a few other things, and everything came back normal..

Then late yesterday afternoon, out of nowhere, I had this sharp pain in my lower abdomen. At first it felt like gas pain, and it wasn't 5 minutes later I was in extreme from my left ovary to my right, with a lot of pressure on my back... I wanted until I could not bear the pain any longer, and ended up in the ER..

I have a history of kidney stone, everyone was almost certain I was passing a stone... My urinalysis showed an infection, along with traces of blood...  However, the CT showed not one stone.
What it did show was a 4cm thick walled complex cyst in the left adnexa, along with free fluid in my pelvis.
Ovarian cancer does not run in my family, however endometriosis does. My mother has had several pre-cancerous cysts surgically removed, and both my aunt and grandmother had to have total histerectomies.

I was given an anti-biotic for bladder and percocet 10mg for pain.  Even after taking my pain medication I am still in a lot of pain. I have researched just about every ovarian cyst, which was a mistake because now I am worrying myself to the point of insanity. Many of my symptoms are those of malignant ovarian cysts. The ER doctor told me that I need to see my gyn first thing Monday moring, which I plan on doing, however I just wanted to see if there was anyone that has been through the same situation...
I would love any feedback!

Thank you!

Courtney
Even though this is a suspicious cyst the odds that you have ovarian cancer are very low.  Seeing a gyn or even better a gyn/onc is smart as this needs to be handled properly just in case it is cancerous.  It is a nervewracking time.  Ask for something for anxiety if you need it.  Try and keep your mind busy with other things.  You may relax a bit after you see your gyn and you know that surgery is being arranged and moving forward.  Good luck with everything.