Ovarian Cysts Community
Tender lower left abdomen....ugh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Tender lower left abdomen....ugh

for the last month i have had lower left abdominal pain, nausea and heartburn. was DX 3 weeks ago with a 2cm cyst on my left ovary. was given RX for BC. pain seemed to subside until this past Friday when i had major pain and tenderness in the same area. hurts to walk, stand, etc...went to ER and they did CT scan of abdomen and pelvis, ran blood/urine tests. all came back fine. however i am still hurting and very tender. i hadn't had a bm in several days so i took something for that this morning. i was hoping that was the culprit but unfortunately still feel crappy. i don't have health insurance so trying to figure this out on my own since DR said everything looked fine. could it have been a ruptured cyst? if so would i still be hurting this much? would constipation cause this kind of pain? thanks so much in advance for your advice!  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
If the Doctors have not found any major issues then it is likely that the pain may be due to rupture of the cyst or pelvic infection or colitis complicated by constipation etc. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents may help. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.