Ovarian Cysts Community
Throbbing Cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Throbbing Cyst?

I was recently diagnosed with an 18 cm cyst.  The gyno said my uterus is thin and looks good (nothing *looks* dangerous), but the ultrasound couldn't distinguish between my right and left ovaries.  I'm not in a massive amount of pain and have the typical symptoms:  constantly full bladder, horrible menstural cramps and the feeling of fullness in my pelvis and the occasional twinge of pain.  To be in the safe side, my regular gyno is having me see a gyno oncologist in 2 weeks to discuss surgical options.  My biggest question for him will be is it laproscopy or open!

My question for everyone on this board is this - did you (or do you) ever feel like the cyst is throbbing?  Not in a painful way, in an almost heart-beat like way?  It's not a symptom I've seen in other posts and sites and I'm wondering if I'm alone with this!

Thanks in advance!
It might have its own vascular system at this point or putting pressure on nearby vascular systems, creating a pulse point.  At 18 cm, I would be surprised if a gyn/onc would recommend or attempt laparoscopic removal.  I think you need to mentally prepare to be told open surgery will be required.  My story is in my profile and it has helped many others deal with their own hospital experience.  Best wishes!
Thank you for your response and your story in your profile!  Great details and words of wisdom.  Anyone who hasn't read MarieMichele's story and is facing surgery for cysts should really check it out.