Ovarian Cysts Community
Time to have my ovary removed?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Time to have my ovary removed?

Hi

I'm a 46 year-old mom of 2 who has PCOS and ovarian cysts on my right ovary.  I've been living with acute pain for several years (2 weeks out of every month).  The pain is in the same place and feels as if my ovary is on fire!!  I'm tired of taking pain meds and  wondering if it is time to consider surgery - has anyone out there had just one ovary removed?  If so, did you feel big hormonal changes as a result?  How was the recovery?

Thanks for any info you can offer!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
225036_tn?1294513000
Hi and welcome.  I did have one ovary removed and I have to admit that at first, it is kinda rough, BUT the good news is that the other ovary eventually takes over the function of both ovaries.  It may take a few cycles for the ovary that is left in to take over, but eventually it will.  I know how hard this decision is.  I would advise you to talk things over with your gynecologist.  Good luck!
Blank
My mother had a cyst of her ovary removed, it didn't bother her but they removed the whole ovary while in there.  They discovered that she only had one ovary her whole life.  She had 4 children no problem.  She said she didn't feel one bit different when she had it removed.  My doctor had told me I would grow a beard and be shaving the next day after removal, she said that was foolishness.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...