Tiredness
Hi Trudie and Mariemichelle,
As you know I am 12 days post-op and things are going really well. Its so nice not to have that pain that had become so much part of my daily life. Just a question about the tiredness????, I really am sleeping alot, sometimes 12hrs in one stretch. Is this normal?? I didn't sleep much for the week I was in hospital, as I couldn't relax properly, and my husband is making my life soooo easy regarding looking after my daughter and home duties. Should I be trying to push myself a little more, or just go with the flow of my body. I'm starting to feel a tad lazy.
That is very normal.  My energy levels took weeks to return, perhaps months.  All that sleep aids in the healing process, so it is good for you.  There's never been a better time to be lazy, so go with the flow.  There is plenty of time to be busy at a later date.  Hopefully this is the last gyn surgery you'll ever need, so milk it for all it's worth.  Bravo to your wonderful husband, too!

I am so happy you finally got the surgery and am shocked by how bad the ovaries deteriorated by the time they did operate.  It's insane that they wanted to wait until January to take care of this problem.  Your life was on the line!

That said, I am happy that a higher power intervened in your favor and saved you.  You have an angel on your shoulder.

It confirms what has been said here many times in the past..Doctors really don't know for sure what you have until they operate, so postponing surgery can be very detrimental to many women once they hear they have a certain size and type of cyst that is not likely to resolve on its own.  I also blame the health systems that cause women to wait longer than desireable for much-needed surgeries.

You had more complex surgery because of the mesh, so the healing may take a bit longer.  How are your emotions?  I cried for no good reason on several occasions.  Many women reported that same post-op side effect.  That is also normal, so if you are hyper-sensitive right now, don't think you are crazy.  You can tell this to your husband, too, in case he wonders why you are moody even when he's doing everything.
:-)
My emotions the first week were absolutely nuts, especially worrying about menopause. They're not to bad at the moment, but I have to take into account that I have given up smoking as well, which is HUGE for me, so everything is sort of happening at once. My wound has healed amazingly, and apart from being tired, I am feeling really great. Do you think I will start any menopause symptoms?? So far so good, and I'm sure my ovaries weren't working anyway. Hope your new job is going great............
It's hard to say what, if any, menopause symptoms you will get.  Your body may have already been in that state already either naturally or due to the problems your ovaries had.  Yes, quitting smoking is probably a bigger stresser right now.  You have a lot of things going on at once, so no wonder you are tired and emotional! But hopefully you will feel like a new woman after the worst of the healing time passes.

I start the new job next week.  I got my employment letter yesterday settng forth the benefits, payroll periods, and other details.  So far it's everything I want in those respects.  Now I just hope the job and the people are equally good!  This is a strange time of year to be starting a new job, but what a relief, too.  The job market has not improved here.  In fact, I think it's getting worse (less jobs available than ever).