Ovarian Cysts Community
Torn internal stitches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Torn internal stitches

Has anyone out there torn your internal stitches after surgery?  I am exactly 2 weeks to the day post laparascopic surgery for removal of an ovarian cyst and two nights ago I started having horrendous pain in my lower right abdominal area.  I had an already scheduled appt with my Dr yesterday anyway and about passed out from the pain while he was pushing around on my belly.  And last night was even worse - its the WORST pain (worse than childbirth)  I was taking 3 pain pills every 3 hours and it didn't help.  There isn't really any pain in the morning and early afternoon - like the later in the day it gets the worse it gets until I can't move without blinding pain by early evening.  The Dr said I probably tore my internal stitches and said we will take a "wait and see approach".  I was in SO much pain after the exam I wasn't thinking straight to ask him other questions....how long will this take to heal, would he have to go back in and re-stitch, etc.

If anyone else has had this happen - ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  I'm so worried that either a. I am going to be in pain for who knows how long or b. I'm looking at another surgery.  

Thanks !