Ovarian Cysts Community
Torted Mature Teratoma Removal - Complications

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hi, nearly 3 years ago i had a mature torted teratoma removed along with my right ovary and fallopian tube.
Months later i was still in agony, unable to sit up straight let alone take care of my kids I was always on pain killers.
An ultrasound was performed to discover partial of the right ovary left inside of me, in which the doctors left inside knowing this remnant was there........... 2 months later i had surgery to remove it.
During this time frame i lost my full time employment.  And the gynea's i was seeing looked at me as if i was stupid when my mother had to take me to my appointments.
Is it common for remnants to be left behind?
I just had the Health Commission leave my house from  a meeting, they have advised me to see my GP and learn communication skills to deal with doctors?? Is this common??
I have worked in doctors clinics for over the past 15 years!!!!
I told them the problem is at the hospital here there are barely any english speaking doctors and its hard to understand them yet i was told that the procedure of my surgery was appropriate and that i have to learn how to communicate with doctors so they get the point immediately as to what is wrong.......... looking forward to reading the input.
Thanks in advance :O)
Remnants are not a common occurrence, no, but they do occur.  I am sorry that you had to have such a difficult experience.  Yes, the doctor probably was not the most competent surgeon and it is a shame that the patient is the one that suffers for it.  It is ridiculous for anyone to blame you and "communication" for someone else's poor surgical skills.