Ovarian Cysts Community
Two cysts on one ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Two cysts on one ovary

Two weeks ago I had my left ovary and tube removed because of a large hemorraghic cyst.  The path report came back and said I had two cysts on the same ovary, one hemmoraghic and one endometrioma.  The surgical notes said I had a lot of hemmoraghic adhesions attached to the bowel.  Prior to surgery, my periods were horrible (I'm 51 and not yet menopausal).  I was hoping for a reprieve now that I only have one ovary but wouldn't you know it, I am now having a painful period again.  I don't get it.  I thought when one ovary is removed, you wouldn't get periods every month any longer.  
sorry you are going through pain again , it really wears you down!!! . When you have one ovary , the other usually takes over the job of both and you do still have periods as before. Adhesions can be very painful , I would go back and see your gyn to see what else they are going to do to sort out your pain issues , I suffered pain for years from endo ,cysts and fibroids so I know where you are coming from !! .

Let us know how you get on and good luck

Best wishes Angie
Just thinking , you only had the surgery 2 weeks ago , after surgery your body needs time to recover and  things may settle down after a couple of cycles . When in surgery they have a good look around and move things about to check over so you may have aches and pains . I hope it settles soon .

Take care Angie
I would call your doctor to let them know about the pain and see what they say.  You are the only one who knows what kind of pain you are in. It might be typical for after your surgery but maybe it isn't.  That's what we pay the doctors for, lol.   Let us know how you do,
Colleen
Thank you.  I see my gyne on Friday for a post surgical check up and I will tell her I am experiencing another painful period.  She said my right ovary and uterus were in perfect shape and the endo adhesions, etc. were only on the left.  I thought that was odd but she didn't.  I never thought I'ld wish for menopause but boy do I now!!
Hi there.  I just got back from surgery (laporatomy vertical cut) where they removed my grapefruit sized cyst, right ovary and tube.  I was in the hosptial for 5 days and just before I left wouldn't you know I started a very painful period even though I wasn't due for a couple of more weeks.  The doctor said the other ovary will kick in and for the first few cycles they will be much more painful because of all the surgery.  I am not appreciating this pain on top of my surgical pain.  I totally relate to how you are feeling.  I hope it levels out for you.

Trudie
Thank you Trudie.  I was wondering how you were doing as I read your posts after I had my surgery.  Funnily, I also had a period the day after my surgery but it was much lighter than normal and wasn't due for a few more weeks (like yours).  This one is painful, however and my breasts have been very sore.  It was a disappointment. My doctor didn't tell me that my periods would be more painful.  I will ask her about that tomorrow.  She keeps telling me that the average age for menopause in the USA is 52 years 2 months and I will be there in November.  That doesn't mean I will hit menopause then, but I've always been average in everything!  LOL!  My first period came on the day they landed on the moon, almost 40 years ago and I've had it!  LOL!  Good luck with your recovery.
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well today.  I'm new to this forum.  32 years old with a history of ovarian cysts.  I had my left ovary removed 6 weeks ago and still feel a little discomfort as if there is a cyst there.  Anyone else have this problem?  Also, they took my appendix out during the surgery.  I guess I still don't fully understand why that had to happen since the appendix is on the right side.  Thanks in advance for your responses.