Vaginal inclusion cyst
Hi I recently discovered a painful bump on my left labia.  I went to the doctor that day, and they said that it was an inclusion cyst.  I was concerned that it was genital herpes, but she said that it was not, it was definitely a cyst.  She did take samples to send off to pathology to be certian I did not have any venerial diseases.  The results came back negitave.  Here is my concern, If this problem was herpes, would my samples sent to pathology have come back abnorbal?  I am worried I should also have a blood test to rule it out.  The cyst is still there for 5 days now, and I am having irritation with it.  Thank you
I am not sure how helpful this will be, but I just had an Inclusion cyst removed from my Eyelid. It was surrounded by some sebacious dermatitis and it was very irritating...hurt and itched, hurt some more. I had this for 3 years and we all just suspected some dermatitis. The whole thing disappeared for about six months and then just reappeared a month ago at which time it was decided I needed to get rid of it if I could. It was a surprise when the report came back that there was a cyst involved. But, I had a cyst for YEARS on my upper ear lobe that I had removed finally after the itching (and strange look of it) finally got to me.

I would think that if there was a concern for herpes involved, then they would have found that, wouldn't you? I really don't know. But, bear in mind that they see all SORTS OF Things....really. I would call. It is your body and your right to know. If for some reason you cannot do this at this time, you could call an independent lab to see if something like this would be routinely checked during a cyst pathology investigation....But I am truly just speculating. You really have to be your own best advocate.

I have what I thought was a cyst on the labia but it turned out it was a varicose vein... when this came up, my sister said that whatever it was (before we knew) that if surgery was suggested for any reason, then I should research carefully and find a highly qualified surgeon familiar with vaginal/labia issues since this surgery could sometimes be risky (I think because when surgery is done on that area, healing is tricky and long...) but this was about four years ago.... so do some checking.

Take care, Mary
I forgot to mention my sister's involvement in all this.... she is a retired nurse and nursing instructor and is still sought out to do workshops... she knows her stuff!